Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2008 Election - My 2 Cents

I love politics. I love US politics. Political history? Fascinating. Debates? Love them, though they can be a little long winded. Crap-ass smear campaigns? Well, I don't love them so much, but they do give you a glimpse into the inner workings of the campaign doing the smearing... seriously, I have issues with any candidate that feels the need to focus attention on what the other guys are/arent doing instead of what their party wants to do.

This election is proving to be more entertaining than most. Just look at the spectrum covered by the Presidential and VP candidates.... Senior Citizen, African American, Woman, Widow, Mom, Cancer, Adultry (okay, that one seems to be covered a lot in all arenas of politics), Single-parent, Raised by a single parent, ect, ect, ect. Never before have there been so many different factions covered.

I would also like to point out that the VP candidates this in election could be more important than in any election in recent history. One nominee is ancient and has had some pretty serious health issues. The other would be the first African American president in a country that, unfortunatly, still has its fair share of ass backward, small minded racist rednecks (and I'd venture to say that that the vast majority of these folks aren't members of the democratic party, bad combo).

I wish no ill will on any of these political figures (or any human being for that matter), I'm just throwing my $0.02 into the ring.

Oh... one more thing, I'm a Canadian :)

2 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

You crack me up. Thanks for this post and for commenting at mine.

Supervised Mama said...

I've seen your comments on Momfo and decided to check you out. I'm going to add you to my blog list. Looking forward to you posts. Your kids are too cute and I love the reasons for the bank accts in your first post.... I too have a very spirited blue-eyed blonde, only 14 months so far...the best is yet to come. Maybe I should start that savings acct.lol