Saturday, September 13, 2008

Week One: Bio's

Cade is 5. He's smart, handsome, funny and exceptionally outgoing; he’s the kid on the playground who wants to meet every kid, every parent and every pet before hitting the jungle gym. Cade will try every angle to work the system and see how much he can get other people to do for him, a lovely genetic trait (okay, it’s a learned thing, but whatever) he's picked up from his father, uncle and grandfather. He’s ultra polite most of the time, and usually pretty quick to pick up on stuff, he’s very mechanical and can put almost anything together from scratch. Caden always wants to know the what’s, why’s, when’s, where’s and who’s of life. The older he gets, the more complex and horrifying the questions are becoming. Most people are surprised when they find out he’s only five. My mom calls him an “old soul” and I tend to agree with that description.
***
Zoe is 2 ½. She is karmic payback for anything bad I’ve ever done and anyone I’ve wronged... umm, maybe I should've just said she's my spirited little girl. Tiny and cute as a button, with big blue eyes and wavy blond hair. And lest I forget to mention, a killer set of lungs and an opinion on everything. The girl is two, but has a huge vocabulary and speaks clearly enough for most people to understand, (which is awesome when she’s trying to get her doll out of its little buggy and saying something like, “Fuck, I can’t get my fucking doll out”... yes, this actually happened and yes, people understood every word). Zoe is her own girl, she is fearless, outgoing and crazy independent. If she makes it through her youth in one piece she’ll be able to conquer the world (consider that your warning).

Caden’s bank account is for his education, Zoe’s is for bail and rehab.

No comments: